If you are troubled to know about the routerlogin.net setup process. Then this article is useful and worthy for you. Do some minor changes. So that you can use the same setup methods as other similar models of the Netgear Routerlogin process. There are two methods that you can use for the Netgear router Setup and Netgear r7000 firmware update.
1. One is to set up through the Manual method.
2. The second is to set up through the WPS button.
Few basic pre-requisites include in the setup process;
The R7000 should be placed in the same room where you have kept the wireless router, during the installation time. The home network should be in working condition. Make a list of my router login home network. Also, note down the default information. Such as the user name, password, and IP address. These all details will be required at the time of installation and set your extender with the router.
1. Netgear Router setup using Manual method
There are a few very important steps that you all require while setting up your Netgear R7000. The owner is required to perform these all steps, manually. The steps that you need to follow to implement this process are as below; Power on the Netgear R7000 device. Monitor the status using the power LED on the range extender.
- Establish a secure link between your range extender and the client device. That you are using to configure the Netgear R7000 setup.
- Always use an Ethernet cable while making this association between the extender and the device.
- Open any web browser that is considered to be the most standard. As of your device configuration setup.
- Enter the URL http://routerlogin.com just in the search line. The owner can also use the IP of their Netgear R7000 router that is 192.168.1.1.
- The further steps required to enter the username and password of your Netgear WIFI router. That is made by the manufacturers by default.
- For logging to Netgear routerlogin.com you need default credentials. Such as admin for username. Leave the password field blank.
- Click Login, and launch them with my router login wizard. On this page, click on the wireless setup. And then go to basic wireless setups.
- In the next action, you are required to select an option from the two; “Manual Setup” or “WIFI Protected Setup”
- In this manual setup, select manual, and go next. Now you should enter the SSID of your network.
- Then enter the password for the same WIFI home network. And then tap on the SAVE option.
Here the Netgear router login process gets completed using http://routerlogin.com login page. At last, put off the router, and then the extender. Then first power on the router. When you see all the LEDs turned on, then put the extender on power on Mode.
2. Netgear Nighthawk router login using WPS button manually:
The WPS LED on your Netgear R7000 setup will get stabilized, which is the symbol of a successful WPS connection. Setting up your Netgear router via WPS Setup is very simple and easy. WPS Setup automatically configures your Netgear Router login wireless network. There is no need to get the username and password to connect to the network. The key is randomly generated with less predictability. You can eliminate the complicated hexadecimal passphrase.
Connect your Netgear router with the Wifi network using WPS:
- Launch a web browser. Use a computer, laptop or mobile device. That is connected to your router’s network.
- Type web URL http://routerlogin.net into the browser’s address field.
- The Netgear router login window displays instantly. Enter the Routerlogin username and password into the required field.
- The default Netgear username is admin. The Netgear default password is password.
- As you see the BASIC Home page displays. Select ADVANCED tab> WPS Setup Wizard.
- A note will emerge on your screen explaining WPS displays. Click the Next button on the computer screen.
- As you see the WPS page displays, select a setup method: Either click the Push button or the WPS button on this page.
- Enter the PIN Number. The page will adjust itself. Enter the client security PIN and click the Next button.
- Within two next minutes, use your mobile device’s software or the computer device to connect to your Wifi network.
The WPS process will automatically set up your device with your network password. The Netgear router WPS page will show you a confirmation message.
Netgear r7000 firmware Update Guide
Before you update the firmware, check the hardware version of the router. If you would update the Netgear r7000 firmware with the wrong version your device can be spoiled. You may not update the firmware via a WIFI network. You are not supposed to turn off or power off the router during the firmware update process.
To update the Netgear r7000 firmware follow us;
- You have to open the settings of your router by typing the web address http://192.168.0.1 into the address bar of the browser.
- Next, you need to enter the default or customized login details into the login page or the authentication page.
- As you enter the default login username and password on the Routerlogin page. You will enter inside the web interface of the router.
- In the WIFI default login case. The default credentials are admin in both sections of the authentication.
- Go into the menu section, select “System tolls”->”Firmware Upgrade”->then tap the “Browse” button.
- Now select the previously downloaded firmware file. Or get it from the official website of the Netgear.
- Click the “Upgrade” button. Wait till the installation completes and your device automatically reboots.
- When the update and reboot process is done. The settings will be Reset Netgear Router to the factory default settings.
You can now log back to your web interface of the router using the all-time favourite default login username and password of your Netgear router.