If you possess a smartphone, tablet, or computer, you can install your Netgear Nighthawk router using the Netgear Genie app. Although you can install your Netgear Nighthawk setup using a web interface also. We recommend that you install the Netgear router using the Netgear Genie app or Netgear Nighthawk app. The Genie app allows you to access the router and its entire features with your mobile device while you are on your home network. You can access the settings of your Netgear Nighthawk router. Such as;
- The wireless settings,
- guest access,
- parental control,
- traffic metering,
- My Media, and so on.
The Netgear Genie app supports;
- Netgear Cable Modem routers.
- DSL Modem routers.
- WNDR3400, WNR2000 + Other older routers.
Access your Netgear Nighthawk setup via the Netgear Genie app
- Netgear Genie app provides an easy way to manage, monitor, and repair your home network- Using the palm of your hand.
- Netgear Genie also allows you to access all your router features using a mobile device, while on your home network.
- You can easily control your home network through the genie dashboard.
- You can stream music and videos anywhere around your network.
- Your smartphones, tablets, and computers can get connected to the wireless network.
- For this, you need to use a QR code only.
- You may use the WIFI analytic features to get analytics about your Netgear Nighthawk login.
Netgear Genie cannot work under the following circumstances;
- The NETGEAR genie app will not work if your mobile device is associated with the router’s guest network.
- The NETGEAR genie would only be able to function when your mobile device is connected to a NETGEAR Nighthawk login network.
- To function appropriately, Netgear Genie should be in router mode.
- Do not put it in access point mode.
- The NETGEAR genie app cannot be utilized with a wireless range extender or repeater.
- The NETGEAR genie app does not support the security protocol IPv6.
- If you have enabled the security standard IPV6, logging in to the router’s web-based GUI using the genie app, will fail.
- For all these issues you need to have the Netgear Nighthawk app instead of Genie.
Netgear Nighthawk login via Netgear Genie app
- To begin, download the Netgear Genie app from the Apple app store.
- Or you may also use the Google Play store based on your device operating system.
- Now, when you download the Genie app, let’s launch it to begin.
- Netgear Genie initial screen will ask you to sign in or create a Netgear account.
- If you already have a Netgear account, then you can skip the following steps;
Netgear Nighthawk setup: Genie Account Sign In
- To create a new account, select the related tab and enter the username, email address, and password into the required tabs.
- Now, you need to agree to the terms and conditions of the app.
- Thereafter click next to receive an email verification code for your account.
- Now, open up your email browser to verify your email ID.
- As a congratulation screen appears on your mobile screen, sign in to your account.
- For your account login, please enter your login email address and password, and sign in.
- Remember, that this is not the password for your network.
- However, next, you have to enter your Netgear Nighthawk login network password and username. Both as admin.
- If you have changed the default login credentials.
- Then enter the username and password details as configured.
You would now be taken to the Genie app dashboard where you can access a lot of Genie features.
Netgear Genie Amazing Features for Netgear Nighthawk setup
1. WIFI: – Enables you to view and edit your network settings.
2. Guest WIFI: – Here you can create a Guest network for your visitors.
3. Network Map: – Here you can view all the devices connected to your Netgear router network.
4. Parental Control: – Here you may set policies to keep your child safe from unwanted Internet access.
5. Traffic Meter: – It enables you to monitor your network usage, by day, by week, and by month.
6. My media: – You can use the Genie My media feature to play media store and computer wireless devices that are communicated to your Netgear router network.
7. Ready Share: – When you are connected to your router locally, you can share files and data stored on your router’s USB drive.
Know about your Netgear Nighthawk public and private IP address using the Genie app
Netgear Genie also provides us information about your Netgear Nighthawk public and private IP address. Just open the app, and go to the wireless settings.
- The home broadband router that you use has two IP addresses allotted to them.
- One of which is used as a local communication, inside the home network.
- It is also known as your private IP address.
- The private IP address is used for the Netgear Nighthawk login process.
- However, another IP address is used to connect to the network, available outside of the local setting.
- And it is called your public IP address.
- The public IP address is generally provided by the internet service provider.
Considering that the private IP address is managed and controlled by the administrator on your home network. That is your PC, computer, or Laptop.
Modify your Netgear Nighthawk login local address
Have you recently got the latest Netgear Nighthawk Router? Or have never replaced or modified the local address before? If yes! Then the default IP address of your device router would be that of your Netgear Nighthawk default IP address. Or you can use routerlogin.net. Because Netgear provided it for the users while shipping. To make some necessary changes in your Netgear Nighthawk router’s settings;
- You should know the Netgear Nighthawk login IP address.
- And then you can connect to the configuration console of your router.
- The IP address of your router is the default gateway address.
- Default gateway address of your router allows communication exclusively between all the connected devices, operating on different networks.
- The default gateway of your router directly works in the form of a URL, by navigating the web browser to the IP address.
The default login IP address of your Netgear Nighthawk router is usually 192.168.1.1 or 18.104.22.168. You can simply communicate to the router using this URL either by typing routerlogin.net or http://192.168.1.1. If it is not working, then you should check the base sticker/label of your router. The sticker or the label of your router has the default login information. Such as the default username, SSID, and password. These details help to access your Netgear router’s web interface page.