Accessing your Netgear WIFI extender Setup can be daunting and very technical, but logging into your Nighthawk extender is actually a simple process. We will describe each step, so you may switch your network settings, update your firmware, and change the WIFI password. There are three basic methods that you can use to log into your Netgear Nighthawk router. First, you need to log in to the web GUI using a web browser or Netgear Nighthawk-app.com. Stay connected to the network.
Tips and Notes Netgear WIFI extender Setup: –
- Connect to your Netgear WIFI extender, router, and computer using a wired Ethernet connection.
- A wired Ethernet connection for the setup is considered to be the safest method of all.
- Find the IP address of your router using the methods given on this page.
- Login using a web browser or a Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Clear the bugs, browsing history and caches of your web browser.
- To troubleshoot the speed issue of your extender, take an Internet speed test at the end of setup.
- You will be able to know the basics of your Netgear WIFI extender setup page when you go with your settings, you can verify the output and can compare the results.
Connect Netgear WIFI extender Setup to the Network
There are two ways that one can use to connect to the settings of the extender. You can either use the Wi-Fi network or connect your WIFI extender to the router using an Ethernet cable. In case you are using your home WIFI internet, then you are already connected to your router’s network and ready to browse.
Get the default Netgear Nighthawk Setup IP address
Getting the default IP address of your Netgear WIFI extender setup page is an important task. The default IP address of your extender helps to get the login window of your Netgear Nighthawk R7000 WIFI extender. You don’t need to worry about the access domain for the interface page. The IP address 192.168.1.1 will redirect you to the interface window within a few seconds.
Tip: If you are using any Network management app, such as the Netgear Nighthawk app, Netgear Genie app, then you can get the IP address using the app only.
Get your Netgear Nighthawk IP on a window Computer
- Go to the desktop screen on your Windows computer.
- Tap the window icon available just at the right of your computer’s screen.
- You should search for the Command prompt desktop app on your computer itself.
- Now, you need to type “ipconfig” and press the enter key on your keyboard.
- The page contains a lot of information, but you need not worry much about it.
- Pay your attention towards searching for the ‘Default Gateway’ line and write that Gateway number down.
- This is the default Gateway of your Netgear Nighthawk router.
Netgear Nighthawk setup IP address on an Android
The users of an Android device should follow the few steps mentioned here to get the IP address of your range extender.
- Go to the settings on your android device.
- Tap the settings icon.
- Select the option for Network and Internet
- Go to the WIFI section and tap on the WIFI network that you have.
- Hit the Advanced settings tab.
- The default Gateway of your Netgear Nighthawk router is given in the below sections of this page.
Pro tip: Connect your mobile to the WIFI network of your home router. Turn off the mobile data to avoid external interference and get a smooth setup.
After getting the IP address login to your Netgear WIFI extender Setup page- R7000
Login using a web browser
You have now received the IP address of your Netgear R7000 device. Go to a browser like Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, etc. Any will do the same. Type or just copy and paste the IP address into the search section of your web browser. This course of action will redirect you to the Netgear Nighthawk setup default page.
Pro tip: If it is your first-time visit, find the default login credentials of your WIFI extender. Usually, the default login credentials of your router are given on the back, on its printed label.
As a default login credential of your Netgear WIFI extender setup window, you can try the following credentials also:
- The Username: Admin
- The Password: Password or admin
(Any one of the above two)
A ton of WIFI routers, modems, and wireless, WIDFI range extenders use these login credentials to log into the web-based setup console. So it is worth going for this if you really don’t know the default information of your router.
Login using Netgear Nighthawk-app
- First of all, download the Nighthawk app via Netgear Nighthawk-app home page.
- You can also download the app from the app store of your device.
- Connect your mobile or any other smart device to your Netgear extender WIFI
- Enter the IP address as received in the above section. Type or paste it in the search bar of the browser.
- Make sure your smartphone is connected to the WIFI network of the router.
- Do not use the DATA of your phone as it can interrupt the Netgear Nighthawk setup process.
- On your mobile device, tap SETTINGS>WIFI and connect to the WIFI network of your router.
- Launch the Nighthawk app. Create or log in with your Netgear account (If already a user).
- After login into the Netgear Nighthawk account, follow onscreen instructions to install your Netgear extender R7000.
Netgear R7000 Firmware update guide after a successful login
NETGEAR regularly releases the latest version of firmware to improve, function, and performance, improve security, and add new features. The functions of your Netgear router can be updated automatically, but you first log into the web GUI of your router or use the Netgear Nighthawk app.
Tips to follow before Netgear r7000 firmware update: –
- search for the updates first. Activate alerts for you when they are available.
- In such a case, only one tap on the update option will be required to gear up the firmware update.
- Soon the firmware update starts. The whole process will take only 3 to 5 minutes to complete.
- You may also update the firmware of your router manually by following the below-mentioned steps below:
Netgear R70000 Firmware update
Method 1: –
- You should open a web browser in your configuration device, and then in the search bar type the web address routerlogin.net.
- Open up the settings page and then choose the Administration tab, and then tap on the “Firmware Upgrade page” option.
- You should select the “Browse” button and then find the firmware update file. Now, you should tap on the Upload option.
- You need to wait till the upgrade progress is complete.
Method 2: –
- Open up a browser and go to the support site of Netgear www.netgear.com/support.
- You should enter the model number of your Netgear router into the search bar on the home page of Netgear.
- When you see the drop-down menu, click on your model number. Now you should select the firmware and software download option.
- Just below the current versions of this web browser, click on the firmware version which you have to download and install.
- Select the download option and it will update automatically.
These were the simplest form to update the firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk r7000 WIFI extender. Although, you can use the above steps to update the firmware of any Netgear router and WIFI range extender. These are the universal and most trusted update methods. You can talk to technical experts also if you are stuck anywhere during the login, setup and update process.