To set up your Netgear Nighthawk R9000 router, you should have an existing dual-band Netgear Nighthawk router. You can even use some other devices as an access point. A configuration device should be connected to the WIFI network of your router. You also need the WIFI name and password of your router. One thing that you should also keep in your consciousness is that your R9000 Router should be in its original factory settings.
Begin the Netgear Nighthawk Router setup: R9000 to extender mode
- To turn on the Netgear Nighthawk R9000 by plugging it to the electric outlet inside your home. Before moving on to the next step, check the status of the LEDs. It should be solid orange.
- Go to the available list of the WIFI networks, and click on the option “Netgear Nighthawk setup” through the WIFI enabled device.
- Fire the web browser from this WIFI enabled device. And then navigate the address line to the unique resource locator “www.nighthawk-app.com” login page.com” and later on press [ENTER].
- Click to the “STARTUP” at the login page that has just displayed to your screen.
- The Netgear Nighthawk login R9000 will automatically detect the DHCP server. It will access the default IP address 192.168.1.1 on its own.
- Press the NEXT tab. And visit under the option of “WIRELESS Router”.
- By default setup, the Netgear Nighthawk R9000 will accept the 5 GHz band of your network.
- But if you want to use only 2.4 GHz band, then you need to come a little down on the same page and click for the 2.4 GHz.
- As the dedicated upstream connection for the most efficient performance. On the next page, enter the password of your WIFI network just in the field where it is required.
- After entering the network password, click the option NEXT to move this setup process on its next level.
- A window will be rolled out to your screen, click OK and go ahead. Fix the R9000 Router to a better place, with the help of “Spot Finder”.
- Click the tabs as you get instructions by the “Spot Finder” and place the Router to a better position.
- Now at the following page, you need to change the password of your Netgear Nighthawk R9000. Then save the changes, made for Netgear Nighthawk login process.
Register your Nighthawk login by giving details about your Email ID, name, phone number, etc.
At the Netgear Nighthawk login pagewifiextender.com and go NEXT. You can now connect the entire wireless devices of your home. It helps to go with the extended WIFI network of your router. With the Netgear Nighthawk R9000 setup, you can gain access to smart WIFI rangeRouter0
Why can’t I access the Nighthawk router login R9000?
- Power cycle the Netgear Nighthawk R9000 by unplugging the router from the electric outlet. And then plug it back to the same power outlet.
- Place the Netgear Nighthawk R9000 setup device near your WIFI modem. Just try to modify the place of the router and modem.
- Find the IP address of your Router from the DHCP table of your Netgear Nighthawk R9000 router. And then ping it.
- The computer or the configuring device should be connected to the LAN port of the router.
- Then try to access the IP address and verify the WIFI settings. If the problem still exists, then you need to reset the Netgear Nighthawk R9000 Router.
How to Reset Netgear router?
Resetting the Netgear Nighthawk login page can sort out lots of access problems. Resetting will erase the entire data along with bugs, malicious files, and corrupt data. You can save your previous settings by keeping a backup of your data.
To reset the Netgear router login device: –
- You have to locate the reset button on your Router.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 to 12 seconds.
- And after that release the figure to rest the button.
- If you see that your router is rebooting, that means it has got its original settings back.
- And then it has come to its default settings.
Why am I getting the slower speed of my Netgear Nighthawk?
Reasons for Netgear Nighthawk login due to slow internet
- IPv6 features can be the biggest reason for the crawling speed of your network.
- Even after the successful installation of the R9000Router, you may face this problem.
- Netgear Nighthawk slow internet issue can also be due to expired firmware to the latest version.
- IPv6 plays a big role in the crawling speed of your Netgear Nighthawk login WIFI network from the router to the R9000.
- In this case, we are required to disable this IPv6 feature. Follow some of the very dedicated steps to solve this issue.
Fix: Netgear Nighthawk setup ‘slow internet’ issue
- Go to the control panel of your Router. And click on to the “NETWORK & SHARING CENTRE”
- Click to change the adapter settings that can be found on the left side of the demonstrated screen.
- There will be a list for a lot of available networks. Just need to make a right-click on it.
- And then select the properties.
- In the properties, you need to click at the option “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)”.
- Uncheck the box that is just beside this option to make this protocol disable.
- If the problem persists, then you need to contact your ISP provider.
- Tell them to remove the data capping from your internet data package.
My Netgear Nighthawk Login is Not Working, Why?
Follow some of the basic steps to get rid of this problem in just a few minutes.
- Your Netgear Nighthawk login R9000 device must be configured to the local address.
- A local IP address can be easily accessible by your web address.
- To access this Netgear Nighthawk setup address, allow the settings of your router. And then open the setup page.
- Type the default IP address, just at the address bar of the web exploring browser.
- If IP is not working, then type the default Routerlogin.com web-based. Enable the control panel to access the Netgear Routerlogin.net login page.
- The Router uses the same IP address as on your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- But, in case you have changed the IPs of both the devices, then first recognize the current IP address of your router.
- Use the command prompt in the windows or iOS devices to know the IP address of your device.
Here now, for the setting of your “Netgear Nighthawk Setup” input the IP 192.168.1.1 in a web browser. And just do the actions as guided by the instructions on your screen. Enable the WPA2 as the personal security layer. Before that, enter the paraphrase “ADMIN” as the password of your router. If you have changed the password to something other than the default one. Then you need to change the password of all the wireless devices. That you have hooked to your Netgear Nighthawk R9000 extended network.
Once you have done with the Netgear Nighthawk setup, remove the power cable from the power board. Thereafter, power off the router and the cable DSL modem. After some time plug them back to the power board, and wait for the LEDs to blink rapidly. It is an indicator of the booting process. Now it will obtain the IP address from your ISP to get associated with your WIFI wireless connection.