NETGEAR regularly releases the latest version of firmware to improve, function, and performance of the router. The firmware update also improves security and adds new features to your router. The functions of your Netgear Nighthawk login device can be updated automatically. For this, you should first log into the web GUI of your router. To login into the router’s settings, you can use the Netgear Nighthawk app. using the Netgear Nighthawk app, you can search for updates and receive alerts. In such a case, only one tap on the update option is required. Soon the firmware update process begins and takes only 3 to 5 minutes to complete. You may also update the firmware of your router manually using nighthawk-app.com. Follow the below-mentioned steps and update the firmware using the Nighthawk app and a web browser.
Tips and precautions: –
- To update the firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk router, log in to the settings of the router.
- For login connect the router and the modem using an Ethernet cable (Use WAN ports)
- Connect the computer and the router using another Ethernet cable (Here use the LAN ports)
- Make sure the Netgear Nighthawk x10 device is powered on.
- The Power LED and the internet LED on your router should flash solid.
- Connect the router to the power resource using the provided power cable.
- Do not use mobile data to implement the login and firmware update process.
- Never touch any button or screen when the firmware update process is going on.
Netgear nighthawk login to update the firmware
- Launch a web browser from your laptop, computer, or Macintosh.
- You can launch Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Microsoft Edge.
- Enter the web address nighthawk-app.com at the Addy of the browser.
- Hit the enter button to receive the Netgear nighthawk x10 login window.
- After getting the login window, enter the default username and password.
- Admin is the default username and password is the default password of your Netgear nighthawk x10.
- If you are not sure about the exact username and password, check the label of your router.
- Most Manufacturers often place both the login credentials on the label of the router.
- If you don’t get the login credentials then you should look into the document of the router.
- After getting the Login details, input the details into the login field and hit the virtual login tab.
Pro Tip: – To update your router’s firmware using the Netgear Nighthawk app use your smartphone. Connect the smartphone to the WIFI network of the router. Turn off the mobile data while firmware update.
After the Netgear nighthawk login update firmware via the Nighthawk app
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk app if you haven’t already.
- Go to the Apple app store or the Google play store to get the app on your device.
- Make sure you are connected to the WIFI network of your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Log in to the Netgear Nighthawk app and input your Netgear Nighthawk login admin credentials.
- The word ‘Admin’ as username and ‘password’ is the security passphrase of your router.
- Once you are on the Netgear Nighthawk app dashboard, click on the router image.
- Scroll down and select ‘Check for updates, and that’s it.
- If you found a software/firmware update for your Netgear Nighthawk router, tap on it.
- Be sure to check out the rest of the features in the app.
- Visit the Netgear Nighthawk app official site to know more about it.
Netgear Nighthawk firmware update using the web browser
Pro tip: When you are updating the firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk router via a browser, use a computer or laptop only. The browser-based firmware update requires an Ethernet connection which is not possible through a mobile phone or tablet. A mobile or tablet do not have any LAN and WAN slots to have a wired connection.
- Visit the Netgear Support site to update the latest version of the firmware.
- Search for the model number of your Netgear Nighthawk device.
- If you found any firmware update, launched recently, tap to download it.
- Unzip and save the file to an accessible folder on your computer device.
- Open a browser from the computer already connected to the router.
- Enter the web address nighthawk-app.com and hit the enter key on your keyboard.
- Enter the Netgear Nighthawk login username and passphrase.
- Admin is the default username of your Netgear nighthawk router.
- Password is the one you specified the first time you logged in to your Nighthawk router.
- The username and password case-sensitive information
- Go and select the advanced tab>Settings>Administration>Firmware update or router update.
- Click the next option ‘Choose File’ or ‘Browse’.
- Locate and select the firmware file that ends in .img.
- It could also end in .chk. After selecting the saved firmware file, click the upload button.
After you tap the upload or browse button, do not go offline, turn off the computer, routerlogin.net, or do anything else to the router until it finishes updating. As soon as the firmware update starts, the router will restart. The whole update process will take only two to three minutes.