Having WIFI routers in your home is a great option to keep you connected. But a poorly secured WIFI can throw your personal WIFI information and settings at risk. As an essential activity, you need to change your Netgear WIFI password regularly to protect it from external threats. If you change your Netgear WIFI password regularly, the cheap neighbours cannot steal your bandwidth.
Pre-requisites for Routerlogin.net password change
- To change the WIFI password, you need to open the routerlogin.net web page of your router.
- After that, log into your current settings, and change the WIFI password.
- Two things that you need to keep in mind.
- Your configuration device must have an active internet connection.
- Download a compatible web browser or use the pre-installed one.
- With the help of a browser, you can access the routerlogin.net window.
- Therefore, you will be able to access your router’s configuration page.
Netgear Router login WIFI password change Process
1. Open your Netgear Routerlogin.net Configuration page
- To access the Router login configuration page, you should have a web browser.
- In order to do that, install a web browser on your computer that is connected to the network.
- If you don’t know the previous password then you cannot connect to the WIFI.
- In that case, you have to use an Ethernet cable.
- Then, connect your configuration device directly to the router.
- This will help you to bypass the need for the Router login WIFI password.
- If your computer is connected directly to the router via an Ethernet cable, then launch the browser.
- And then, either enter routerlogin.net or any one of the below addresses.
2. Some standard Netgear Wifi Router Login IP addresses:
- 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.2.1, or 10.0.1.1 for Apple devices. Or you can use 10.0.0.1 for Xfinity devices, etc.
- You can enter any one of the above-given addresses into your web browser’s address bar.
- If any of the above addresses fails to grant you Router login access to the configuration page, then you need to open the command prompt of your computer.
- Your computer must be connected to the router itself. Press the Window key + R and enter cmd. Once you get the command prompt, type ipconfig and hit enter.
- You should look here for your active connection in the given list and obtain the default Gateway address. This is what you called your router’s IP address.
- If still not able to access the configuration page, then you need to do a reset.
3. Reset your Netgear Wifi Routerlogin device to default settings
- To Reset Netgear router, press and hold the reset button given on it.
- Press it for more than five seconds and release.
- To press the button you can use any pointed object.
- Like a matchstick, toothpick, paper clip, etc.
- When the router resets, it gets on to its factory default settings.
- You have to log in back to the Routerlogin.net configuration page with the first step.
- Now, look for the default login details on your Netgear router.
- It must be given on its label.
- Some Netgear routers have configuration software.
- If you have installed any one of such configuration software, you can use a web browser.
For example, Netgear has Netgear Genie and Netgear Nighthawk app to set up and manage your router’s configuration.
Enter the username and password of your Netgear router
- Every router needs a username and password before accessing its innards.
- If you never made any changes to the default login details of your router, then “ADMIN” will be the username and password of your router by default.
- If the ADMIN does not fit the password field, then you have to use the phrase “PASSWORD” itself.
- This varies from model to model. So you have to search your model number online to get the exact login information.
Go and Open the Wireless section
1. Once you get the correct login details, enter all details into the routerlogin.net login window. And then click login. Now you have reached the Netgear router login page. Your next step should be to access the wireless section from your Netgear router’s web interface.
2. The exact settings vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. But the general settings remain the same. You should look for a “Wireless” or “Wireless Settings/Nighthwak Netgear Setup” tab. From the multiple subsections of your “Wireless” section, click “Wireless Security page.”
Finally, change the password of your Netgear Router
- Find the box “Password”, “Passphrase” or “Shared Key”.
- Thereafter, enter your new WIFI password.
- You need to re-enter the password to make it confirmed.
- Try to create a strong password that anyone can hardly break.
- Do not use your personal information so that no one can even guess.
Tip: – Include a liberal amount of letters, random cases, numbers, symbols, and special characters. Such as “$”, “#”, “@”, etc. The length of your password should be eight to sixteen characters.