The default login username password for your Netgear Nighthawk router is ADMIN. You can get it from various resources. If you change the default login password, keep a note of it. In case you forget the customized password. Then there is no other way to recover it except reset. You should reset the router to its factory default settings. And then, the router will acquire its original default settings. Are you looking for the default password? Get it from the user manual. Or you may search in the label of the router and online via a search engine.
Netgear Nighthawk router reset
- Your Netgear Nighthawk Router has a reset button.
- You have to locate the reset button on your router.
- The button is under a tiny hole on either side of your router.
- Press the button. Use a paper clip or toothpick.
- Press the reset button for at least 20 seconds. And then relieve it.
- After a few seconds, the router will start booting up.
- When the LED light becomes stable, your router sets up factory default settings.
- Login to your router using the nighthawk-app.com login process.
The simplest way is to connect a computer to your existing modem. Use the modem supplied by your Internet service provider. If your computer or the configuration device detects an Internet connection, you’re ready to go with the setting process of Netgear nighthawk setup.
How to recover the forgotten Netgear Nighthawk login password?
To recover a forgotten password, you have to reset the router to its original factory default configuration. But you have to do some preparations before you reset the router to its factory default setting.
- Make sure that the router is powered on before you press the reset button.
- Take a note of the IP address, username and password of your router.
- For the Netgear Nighthawk router, you can use 192.168.0.1 as the default IP address.
- Use admin as the default login username and password.
- The IP address of your Netgear Nighthawk router is in the same subnet.
- If your computer or the configuration device has an IP address 192.168.0.x where x is in the range of 2~253, and the subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0.
Find your Nighthawk WIFI password through web-Interface
- Login to the router’s web-based console using a web browser.
- In a browser, enter Routerlogin.net and click OK.
- Enter Routerlogin.net into the address bar of the browser.
- And then, you receive a Routerlogin window.
- On the login window, enter the default username and password.
- On to the Netgear Nighthawk login interface page, click the wireless.
- After that, click the wireless security page.
- Check your security encryptions also.
- Have you selected WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK?
- Then type in your WIFI password in the PSK Password field.
In case you have changed the WIFI password, then click the Save button. Now, you need to reboot the router.
Enable the password recovery option
- To enable the password recovery option in your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Open a browser and navigate Addy to Routerlogin.net to get the login window.
- The login window has two blanks. Complete it by filling in the default credentials.
- For your Netgear Nighthawk router, admin is your default login SSID.
- And admin is your default Netgear Nighthawk login password.
- When you fill the two authentication tabs, see the web-based console.
- Now, go to the Advanced>System Tools>Administration.
- And then, focus on the password recovery option on this page.
- Tick the box to enable the “Password Recovery Feature” checkbox.
- Now you need to provide an email address to get the recovery letter.
When you get the recovery letter, you need to enter its SMTP Server address. In case the recovery mail address requires encryption, then you should select Enable Authentication. And enter its username and password.
How do I change my Netgear nighthawk Login information?
Have you gained access to your router? The very first thing to do is to change the login information, like the username and password.
- Change your Netgear Nighthawk login information with the following steps.
- In the web browser of your device, type Routerlogin.net.
- Or you can type the IP address 192.168.0.1 at the Addy of the browser.
- Login to the router using the default username and password in lowercase.
- Go to settings and select the option to change the router password.
- Here, enter a new and unique password for your router.
- And then, click the Save button to save the settings.
If you leave your router on its default credentials, someone else could walk in your router’s web-based interface and will steal what you have secured. Anyone can disable your wireless security and capture the personal information saved by you without your knowledge.